Full transparency, we may have gone overboard planting different variations of mint this spring. That said, we are throwing it in everything from savory Middle Eastern dishes to iced tea, and of course cocktails! This refreshing vodka cocktail comes from Half Baked Harvest and is easy as can be. This is one you may want to try for weekend brunch.
Minted Orange & Strawberry Coolers
Prep Time: 10 min.
- 2 1/2 cups fresh sliced strawberries
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves (we used Grapefruit Mint Leaves)
- 4 cups Orange Juice (choose your favorite without pulp)
- 2 lemons, the juice from
- 1 handful fresh rose petals (optional)
- 1 cup vodka (optional)
- sparkling water, for topping
1. In a bowl, combine 2 cups strawberries and mint leaves. Using a muddler (or even the end of a rolling pin), gently push the strawberries down until they release their juices and become mashed. Strain the mix into a large pitcher. Add the orange juice, lemon juice, and vodka, if using. Stir in the rose petals and remaining 1/2 cup sliced strawberries. Serve or chill until ready to serve.